The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of:
- contemporary and specialised approaches to accountancy and finance
- key practical, theoretical and empirical issues, and academic research
- the complexity of the ever-changing legal framework in which the financial sector operates
- the latest developments in accountancy and reporting required by local, national and European government.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry, professional accountancy, banking and finance or management. The qualification equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge needed to pursue high level careers in all types of organisations in the public and private sector and within industry and commerce, both in the UK and abroad.
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification also provides learners with the opportunity to work toward a relevant master’s programme with advanced standing.
Qualifications you can earn on this course
Students may opt for any one following awards on this course. Please see the fees page for the relevant fees for each award.
1. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance is internally awarded by Stratford College of Business and Management. The grading system for this award is A** – F
2. OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance (RQF) externally awarded by OTHM. The grading system is for this award is PASS / FAIL
3. Dual award (1 &2)
Qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Investment Analysis (20 credits
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance (20 credits
- Global Finance and Strategy (20 credits
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Audit (20 credits)
- Corporate Reporting (20 credits
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.