Accounting and finance are at the very heart of business operations. From banking to manufacturing, from huge service industries to micro businesses, the ability to manage, plan and account for money is still the ultimate measure of business success and the key driver of growth.
The objective of the Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of accounting and business in the broader business context, and to provide them with the practical, industry-focused skills to manage business finances, budgets and cash flow effectively, and to play a key role in business growth.
Qualifications you can earn on this course
Students may opt for any one following awards on this course. Please see the fees page for the relevant fees for each award.
1. Diploma in Accounting and Business is internally awarded by Stratford College of Business and Management. The grading system for this award is A** – F
2. OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF) externally awarded by OTHM. The grading system is for this award is PASS / FAIL
3. Dual award (1 &2)
Qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- The Accountant’s Environment (20 credits)
- Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Financial Accounting (20 credits)
- Management Accounting (20 credits)
- Management Concepts and Practice (20 credits)
- Business Economics (20 credits
Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 5 Diplomas, including the Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification. The Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.