Accounting and finance are at the very heart of business operations. From banking to manufacturing, from huge service industries to micro businesses, the ability to manage, plan and account for money is still the ultimate measure of business success and the key driver of growth.
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required by a middle manager in an organisation that may be involved in financial management, financial planning and control, financial reporting, taxation and people management.
Qualifications you can earn on this course
Students may opt for any one following awards on this course. Please see the fees page for the relevant fees for each award.
1. Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business is internally awarded by Stratford College of Business and Management. The grading system for this award is A** – F
2. OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF) externally awarded by OTHM. The grading system is for this award is PASS / FAIL
3. Dual award (1 &2)
Qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Financial Management (20 credits)
- Financial Planning and Control (20 credits)
- Financial Reporting (20 credits)
- Taxation Principles and Practices (20 credits)
- People Management (20 credits)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (20 credits)
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to Level 6 Diploma in Accounting and Business, and other relevant OTHM Level 6 Diplomas. The Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into the final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree