The objective of the Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification is to provide learners with an in depth understanding of the operations and structure of businesses. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in employment or further studies.
Qualifications you can earn on this course
Students may opt for any one following awards on this course. Please see the fees page for the relevant fees for each award.
1. Foundation Diploma in Business Studies internally awarded by Stratford College of Business and Management. The grading system for this award is A** – F
2. OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies (RQF) externally awarded by OTHM. The grading system is for this award is PASS / FAIL
3. Dual award (1 &2)
Qualifications at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
The Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification consists of 4 mandatory units plus 2 optional units for a combined total of 60 credits, 600 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 360 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Introduction to Research and Academic Skills (10 credits)
- Using IT for Business (10 credits)
- Introduction to Economics and Accounting (10 credits)
- Introduction to the Business Environment (10 credits)
Optional units: Choose any two
- Introduction to Customer Service (10 credits)
- Managing Business Events (10 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (10 credits)
- Introduction to People Management (10 credits)
Successful completion of the Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification enables learners’ direct entry into Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree or pursue Level 4 Diplomas. The OTHM qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), many universities acknowledge the ability of learners after studying Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies and consider for direct entry into a range of their Bachelor’s degree programmes. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
To apply for this course now click here