The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration is a postgraduate level recognised qualification suitable for learners to gain skills in public service administration.
Public service managers face an increasing pace of change, combined with pressures to deliver more with less, navigate a complex policy context and enhance performance while sustaining public service values. Designed for professionals in public and non-profit organisations who provide strong and comprehensive support, this OTHM Level 7 Diploma qualification will equip you to meet these challenges.
You will study three aspects of public administration:
- The policy process, within which public services are developed.
- The organisational and human context through which public services are delivered.
- The wider social, economic and political environment that shapes public service demands and constraints.
You will learn how to analyse complex public management problems, lead change effectively, and develop your ability to manage through networks and partnerships. You will be able to shape and deliver the public services of the future and move into more strategic roles in a wide range of organisations.
Over the course of the programme you will grow as a competent and reflective practitioner, both in your current role, and in preparation for more demanding roles in the future.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Managing and Leading in the Public Sector (20 credits)
- Public Service Reform and Innovation (20 credits)
- Policy and Politics – Theory and Analysis (20 credits)
- Managing Public Finance (20 credits)
- Managing Public Sector Projects (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant master top-up programme with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas.For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
To apply for this course now click here