top of page


How to Apply

Before you apply make sure you have read through the entry requirements for your course and the applicable fees.

You can apply online or download an application form to be completed and sent by email to


Copy of passport / valid photo ID – only the pages that include personal information
Copy of certificates and/or transcripts of qualifications

A personal statement – 300 to 500 words

If you are applying for a master’s degree (advanced entry) programme you must provide:
An updated CV (must include job responsibilities for each job and two references – academic and professional)


How to Apply

Pre Arrival Information for International Students

We are delighted that you will be joining us in the near future and hope that your time with us will be rewarding, enjoyable and fulfilling.

SCBM appreciates and enjoys the cultural diversity brought by international students. The majority of our students are from different parts of the world. The aim of this booklet is to give you some practical advice and information to help you prepare for your arrival and for living in Telford. We hope this information will help you plan in advance and make your move to the UK as smooth as possible.

This booklet also contains important information on the documents which you will need to bring with you, so do please pay particular attention to this.

For more information about Pre-Arrival Information for International Students, please enter the password provided to you in order to download.

Visas for UK

If you are coming to study with us from other countries, you may need to apply for a visa. You can check this from this link: The UK has a long tradition of welcoming students from overseas and currently issues about 200,000 study visas each year.

There are different types of visas depending on your age and the length of your course. If you are applying for a course of less than six months then you can now study on a standard visitor visa:

Students studying with us on English language courses can stay for up to 11 months. For these courses, you need to apply for a short term study visa to study English:

More detailed information can be found on the UK Visas and Immigration website and there is also lots of useful advice on the UK Council for International Student Affairs site. We are very happy to advise you in detail on all aspects of the visa application process, so do please get in touch at any time.

International Students
bottom of page