DOCTORAL DIPLOMA IN INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
The objective of the SCBM Doctoral Diploma in International Management and Leadership is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. The programme is modelled around the OTHM level 8 diploma in Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
This course reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace.
This course is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
The course will enable learners to become independent, self-directed learners with tools and motivation to continue learning, developing, and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
The course aims for the following:
1. To enable learners to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to business in private and public sectors.
2. To enhance analytical and evaluative skills relating to business across a number of industries.
3. To develop the learner’s ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills.
4. To develop the learner’s ability to formulate and use appropriate methodologies and approaches.
5. To ensure the learner understands how to initiate, design and undertake research, development or strategic activities that extend or produce significant change in the field of work or study.
6. To ensure the learner can critically evaluate actions, methods and results and their short and long-term implications for the field of work or knowledge and its wider context.
A masters degree in related subject or UK level 7 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The SCBM Doctoral Diploma in International Management and Leadership consists of 5 mandatory units making a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed programme.
Advanced Strategic Management and Leadership(20 credits)
Advanced Strategic Change Management (20 credits)
Advanced Project Management (20 credits)
Advanced Research Design and Methodologies (40 credits)
Developing Research Capabilities (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over a year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, and distance/online learning